Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mount Moran in the Tetons

Recently I attended a wedding. The ‘newly weds’ for their honeymoon were reported to have gone to the Tetons in Wyoming.

Now, the Tetons are beautiful mountains and that area, in my estimation, is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. But, visiting them near the end of January would not be my idea of fun for, as you know, I am not a big fan of snow and ice. Oh, well, I guess the honeymooners are.

But, laying that aside. There is something else that is very important about the Tetons.

Specifically, there is something important about Mount Moran, which is one of the mountains in the Teton range.

Which mountain is Mount Moran?, you ask. Well, it is the beautiful mountain that has the familiar and distinctive ‘skillet glacier’. In fact, it is the mountain that most folks usually think of (at least I do) when they think of the Tetons. And, it is the mountain pictured today on the blog.

But it is more than just an awesomely beautiful mountain. When you look at it closely, it has some very interesting and important features.

What are these features and why are they important?

Well, this interesting article reveals how Mount Moran gives us insights into the Creation of the world and the later Flood of Noah! Wow. HERE’S THE LINK