Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do cats drink?

Talk about a DIT (Daily Interesting Thing), this is really one. 

Actually it might be two DITs in one, in that, today, we are going to discover 2 new things (to me and perhaps to you).

DIT # 1 is this picture of a Bengal Cat which belongs to one of my friends. 

The first time I saw this unusual cat, it had on a harness!   I kid you not. And it seemingly happily wears it when outside going for a walk!

It is a most unusual and beautiful cat and was even friendly, which for me, a dog person, is very unusual.

But enough of this pontificating about a most interesting cat.

Moving on to DIT # 2:  Another friend who is also a cat lover sent an article about a recent cat study that has been done.

What is it this time? you ask.

Well, most of us have watched cats drink.  And perhaps a few wondered how they drink. 

Personally, though I have watched cats drink, it never crossed my mind to think that I (or anyone) really needed to know how they drink.  I was just happy that they did.

But, did you know that US Tax dollars funded a study that has “unveiled the secret of how cats lap water or milk ... “

Yes, our tax dollars at work!

And to find out what was discovered, though I wish the article about the report our tax dollars paid for had included the video, HERE’S THE LINK. 

And if you are wondering about the Bengal Cat breed and want to know more about this “relatively new hybrid breed of cat, formed by the cross of a domestic feline and an Asian Leopard Cat", HERE’S A LINK.