Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How old is the earth?

Seems that everywhere you turn today, folks tell us that the earth is ‘zillions’ of years old. 

I say ‘zillions’ because soon that will be the number of years.  It keeps increasing and currently is said to be about 4.5 billion years.

But, when I was a youth, we were being told the earth was about 2 billion years old. 

My, how times change.  In just the ‘beep beep’ years of my lifetime, the earth has aged several  billion years! 

Hmmmm and Wow. Talk about time flying.

But, seriously, how old is the earth? 

And when and why did folks stop believing the age of about 6,000 years as the Bible indicates?

Well, a wonderful article on the AIG website addresses these questions.  I think you will find the information very helpful as you ponder the age of the earth and discuss it with others.  HERE’S THE LINK.