Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vacation Suggestion

Well now I think I have heard everything. Talk about a vacation suggestion.

When my siblings and I were young, our mother used to take us to interesting places such as a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Plant and we watched the making of aspirin tablets, cough tablets, etc. Really fun. We also went to other factories to see such things as Newspapers and Magazines being printed, patterns (for dresses, etc) being made and folded, Chili and other foods being made and canned, etc etc etc. It was such fun and very educational and I still remember the scenes as if they were yesterday.

But, Wow, if we could have seen this ! Seen what? you ask. Welllll....

It seems that there is a dairy farm, located in Fair Oaks, Indiana, about an hour south of Chicago, just off I 65. It has an ‘Adventure Center’ with all kinds of exhibits, electronic figures, etc.

At this humongous farm 32,000 cows are milked daily! And believe it or not, about 80 calves are born daily !!! And they say you can see it all happen.

There is a 5 minute 2 second video on You Tube that tells about it. I have not been to this place but, if I were in the area, it would be on my list of things to do, especially since they have Senior Citizen admission fees. : )

Anyway, to see the video, HERE’S THE LINK.

And to go to the Webpage for this amazing farm HERE’S THE LINK.