Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sunday Hymn: Standing on the Promises

 

Another favorite of many.

Sing or hum along.

HERE'S THE LINK TO Standing on the Promises

‪Standing on the promises of Christ my King, ‬
‪Through eternal ages let His praises ring,‬
‪Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,   ‬
‪Standing on the promises of God.   ‬

‪Chorus: Standing, standing, ‬
‪Standing on the promises of God my Savior; ‬
‪Standing, standing,   ‬
‪I’m standing on the promises of God. ‬

‪2 Standing on the promises that cannot fail, ‬
‪When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail, ‬
‪By the living Word of God I shall prevail,   ‬
‪Standing on the promises of God. ‬

‪3 Standing on the promises I now can see Perfect, ‬
‪present cleansing in the blood for me; ‬
‪Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,   ‬
‪Standing on the promises of God. ‬

‪4 Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord, ‬
‪Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord, ‬
‪Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,   ‬
‪Standing on the promises of God. ‬

‪5 Standing on the promises I shall not fall, ‬
‪List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call. ‬
‪Resting in my Savior as my All in all,   ‬
‪Standing on the promises of God.‬