Saturday, June 9, 2018

How to fix the scroll wheel on your Logitech mouse

Ok  Ok

I guess you are still wondering how to fix the scroll wheel on your Logitech mouse when it no longer scrolls.

So Today's DIT will tell you what I did --

Figuring it was probably broken and banging on it couldn't make it worse because it was likely going to have to be replaced anyway --

First I turned it upside down down and began to strongly roll the scroll wheel on a clean piece of paper --- and I noticed some dust and dirt began to appear on the wheel and the paper.

Hmmmmmm   I wondered !!!

Could this be due to dust in the mechanism??

So with that in mind and still with the mouse upside down --

I banged it on the desk a bunch of times --

and a little teeny tiny dust bunny fell out !!!   Aha !!!

Repeating this many more times -- I ended up with 5 or 6 little dust bunnies falling out !!

Then I turned the mouse back to its normal position

and guess what --

The Scroll Wheel WORKS again.

Joy and Happiness

"And now you know the rest of the story"