Sunday, August 21, 2016

Hymn: Lord I'm coming Home

Today's Hymn is often sung (or used to be) at the conclusion of the sermon and worship service.

It is a call for sinners to repent from their sins and turn to God for forgiveness and salvation.

The pictures shown as this video plays are of the Biblical account of the Prodigal son returning to his father.

In the same way, today, people need to repent of their sins and come to God the Father.

I've wandered far away from God,
Now I'm coming home;
The paths of sin too long I've trod,
Lord, Im coming home.

Refrain

Coming home, coming home,
Nevermore to roam,
Open wide Thine arms of love,
Lord, Im coming home.

I've wasted many precious years,
Now Im coming home;
I now repent with bitter tears,
Lord, Im coming home.

Refrain

I'm tired of sin and straying, Lord,
Now Im coming home;
Ill trust Thy love, believe Thy Word,
Lord, Im coming home.

Refrain

I need His cleansing blood, I know,
Now Im coming home;
O wash me whiter than the snow,
Lord, Im coming home.

Refrain


HERE'S THE LINK to Lord I'm coming Home