Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hymn: My Hope is in the Lord

           
 Yesterday we read a brief article which mentioned the hymn: My Hope is in the Lord.

This is probably an unfamiliar hymn to most of us.  And, indeed there are very few versions of this hymn on the internet.

The words of the first verse were given in the article but there are more verses:

My hope is in the Lord
Who gave Him-self for me
And paid the price
Of all my sin at Cal-va-ry.
For me He died;
For me He lives,
And everlasting life
And light He free-ly gives.
No merit of my own
His anger to suppress
My only hope is found
In Jesus’ righteousness
For me He died;
For me He lives,
And everlasting life
And light He free-ly gives.
And now for me He stands
Before the Father’s throne
He shows His wounded hands
And names me as His own.
For me He died;
For me He lives,
And everlasting life
And light He free-ly gives.
His grace has planned it all
‘Tis mine but to believe
And recognize His work of love
And Christ receive.
For me He died;
For me He lives,
And everlasting life
And light He free-ly gives.
As we said, there are very few versions of this hymn on the internet. But we found links to two that, though very different in their presentation, are worth hearing.

The first version is your standard hymn as sung by a choir. 


The second version is contemporary -- realllllly lively and bouncy -- it even has drums (which friends of DIT who know the views of the webmaster will wonder why it is being posted. But, when you hear it, I think you will agree it is worth hearing.)



...