Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Lord's Supper (The Last Supper)


...And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it,

and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying,

Drink ye all of it;

For this is my blood of the new testament,

which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine,

until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom. ...

           Matthew 26:26-29 KJV

 

These were the words of the Lord God Jesus Christ at the time of the Last supper before He was crucified. If you watched the video yesterday about the Seder Supper of Passover, you understand the meaning of these words.  If you did not watch it yet -- I urge you to watch the video asap because it will clarify and clearly explain the somewhat confusing concepts of Jesus' body and blood (bread and wine)