Friday, May 22, 2009

Providence Training Center -- Kenya


A good friend, who is helping establish a school in Kenya for training Pastors, sent an email recently with an update about this Training center. Here are some excerpts from that email:

“To All My Friends and Family...

I just want you to know that I'm off to Kenya again ...Friday (May 22 - June 4) ... this being my fifth visit. On this trip I will be accompanied by a team of 12 members from my church. Many of them will be researching business opportunities to help make our school for pastor-training self-sufficient. Several will be helping us look for affordable and appropriate land on which to house the school. Right now the greatest cost to us is facility rental (room/ board for the pastors and classroom), so having our own place will ease those costs in the long run.

Obviously I could go on and on about the school and how God has been working, but we now have a website for you to browse and see for yourself what has been going on. I hope you will visit. Be sure to watch our promo video on the site. ...

I remain grateful to all of you for your past support and your sincere prayers. I ask for your continued prayer support for this trip, especially for all the legal loose ends that need completion. ... We have established a Kenyan Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) called Care to Learn International through which the school will be funded. Our American 501c3 intermediary that will receive donations for Care to Learn International is National Christian Foundation (NCF). ...

Perpetual prayer support for the school is a priority, so keep us in mind. ...

Thank you for being co-laborers with me in this adventure where training one results in the transformation of many.”
With much gratefulness ...

Well, there you have it. What a great email. And, yes, this is a Ministry worthy of our prayers and contributions. Check out the website and put ‘Providence Training Center -- Kenya’ on your Prayer List. God is working in this place.

Also, Please join with me in praying for them during this trip beginning today, May 22 - June 4.

HERE’S THE LINK.