Friday, September 28, 2018

"I Am" in the Pentateuch


In The New Testament when Jesus Christ said He was the "I Am",  the Religious Leaders and crowds accused Him of Blasphemy.

Why did they react this way?

It was because they knew that in the Old Testament (specifically in the Pentateuch which comprises the first 5 books of the Old Testament) the term "I Am" applied only to the God of the Universe.

Jesus, therefore was equating Himself with God --

which is true!!  because

Jesus is God and is a part of the Triune (Trinity)  

consisting of God (God the Father), God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit.

All 3 are the "I Am"

The Crowds and Religious leaders knew what the Pentateuch said about God and thus thought Jesus was blaspheming when He said He was the "I AM"

So, you ask:  what does the Pentateuch say about the "I AM" --  God

Today's Link will tell us

HERE'S THE LINK TO  "I Am" in the Pentateuch


And if you want to pursue this further, Here are links to further explain when and why Jesus CORRECTLY claimed to be God.

Where does Jesus say "I Am God"


7 Times Jesus said "I Am God"

 What did Jesus mean when He said "I Am"

Jesus specifically said "I Am God"